This is not pretty, but not all sketches happen on paper. This is another post about process.
Because I hadn’t made on of the Flowers in a couple years I needed to remind myself how to make them. Additionally, while its hard to tell, I figured out how to construct layers of these around each other for an effect like this, but with the different shape.
This one turned out ugly because I used whatever scraps I had laying around regardless of color and used too small of a frame to adequately house the thing. I will likely un-stretch it once I start working on bigger versions and use the pieces in something else. However, the lessons learned in making this turd make it far more valuable than it appears.
PS, this song is freaking hilarious: